kiutra designs, develops and manufactures top-notch and easy-to-use, cryogen-free low-temperature equipment.
With our magnetic cooling devices we facilitate scientific research, accelerate
hardware development, and enable industrial applications of quantum technologies by freeing them from their dependence on the supply of cryogens.
kiutra is a spin-off from the Technical University of Munich, Germany. Due to our many years of hands-on experience in working with cryogenic systems, at kiutra we are convinced that magnetic cooling is an extremely versatile and elegant tool to provide low temperatures.
Therefore, we devote ourselves to the design and manufacture of truly cryogen-free magnetic refrigeration systems that stand out due to their high quality, reliability, and ease of use. Being inherently modular, our cryostats can be configured and upgraded to match a wide range of user requirements. And in contrast to any other commercial magnetic refrigerator in the world, our devices offer continuous cooling at sub-Kelvin temperatures.
We at kiutra think that innovation and user-friendly design should not stop at cryogenics. Therefore, we build highly automated cryostat systems, which may be operated without expert knowledge. Thanks to the absence of liquid cooling media in the cooling process, our cryostats are very robust.
All systems can be controlled using a modern, user-friendly graphical interface, based on an open-source Python framework that can easily be adapted to your preferred measurement equipment and setups
- S-Type: Easy-to-adapt, ultra-compact, rack-mountable sub-Kelvin cryostat – optionally with free beam optical access.
- L-Type: Easy-to-use and fast sub-Kelvin cryostat for material research and prototyping of quantum hardware.
Add-ons and Options:
- Automatic Sample Changer: The sample changer add-on is a fully automatic top-loading load-lock system which allows the user to load samples in just a few minutes and cool them down to base temperature in only a couple of hours.
- 5T Sample Magnet: kiutra offers a 5 T sample magnet for all L-Type cryostats. The sample magnet is compatible with the automatic sample changer add-on and, depending on the cryostat configuration, allows measurements at temperatures as low as 100 mK.
- Optical Access: Free beam optical access for measurements below 1 K is available for some configuration of the S-Type.
- Custom Wiring: kiutra offers various kinds of wiring such as DC and RF lines, or fiber optics.
- Topological Insulators
- Conventional and Unconventional Superconductors
- Disordered Quantum System
- Frustrated Magnets
- Topological Phenomena
- Low-dimensional systems
- Quantum-Dots, Quantum-Wires
- Molecular Electronics and Photonics
- Semi-Metals and Weyl-Metals
Photonics & Detectors
- Fundamental material properties and quantum effects
- Communication, sensing, and imaging.
- Fully integrated cooling platforms for up-to-date detector applications
- Automatic cooling solutions which facilitate rapid and focused prototyping of quantum electronics
Large Scale Facilities
- kiutra works together with sample environment groups to develop cooling solutions that meet the requirements of complex scientific instruments.
Dr Alexander Regnat