Scope: superconducting quantum circuits, two-qubit gates, qubit readout and quantum Control.
This role you are involved in deep, hands-on technical work in a focused, collaborative startup environment. You will be responsible for establishing and improving the measurement setup for our quantum bits, with primary focus on high-fidelity readout and control of single- and two-qubit gates. You will will also be guiding the technical direction of the research based on experimental results, with constant awareness towards company milestones. To fully shine in this senior position you have already experience in experimental quantum measurement techniques and quantum control, especially for quantum computing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Hands on characterization and measurement of superconductor-based qubit and quantum devices.
- Collaborate with hardware and device fabrication teams to determine development path for a scalable superconducting quantum processor.
- Generate new and useful ideas that enable scalable measurement of quantum devices.
- Establishing lab best practices and protocols to ensure quality of work and the safety of all involved.
- PhD in Electrical engineering, Physics, Applied Physics or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in measurement of superconducting qubit devices at cryogenic temperatures.
- Understanding of advanced control electronics, including RF and microwave circuits, and FPGA based systems.
- Excellent communication (English, verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Keen experimental insight with an ability to devise and focus on key experiments.
- Experienced in programming languages like Python, Mathematica and MATLAB.
- Highly motivated, and excited by self-directed, hands-on work.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing research environment.
- Strong teamwork and coaching skills.